After 10 years of being together finally Pia & Tim said I do. The weather had been pretty wet all week, which for most brides is a big disappointment. But not for Pia, she remained positive and happy despite the grey clouds that were looming. The ceremony was held in a very quaint little church in the beautiful Balmian and the reception at the fabulous One Ford Street
Luckily the rain held off until way into the night, allowing time for photos with the beautiful city of Sydney as the backdrop. Pia’s dress was the prettiest I have seen in a long time, quirky and cool yet still elegant and bridal finished off with a gorgeous long veil. I loved it. Flowers by the very talented Lavande Designs. The day was so prefect. Even I wanted to do it all over again!
‘Linzie nailed the candid photos brief and captured so many wonderful moments from the evening that we will have forever. She just blended in, was never in anybody’s personal space or pushing formal, staged photos that took us away from our guests. The days leading up to the wedding were the wettest Sydney has had all year and I was pretty worried about the weather- Linzie was so calm and relaxed and reassuring that whatever the day brings it will still be okay!”
- Bridal gown designer: Manning Cartell “My dress was not a ‘proper wedding dress’- I got it from Manning Cartell at The Strand in Sydney. I had done a bit of browsing on the internet and saw it in store one day so tried it on and that was it- decision made. I felt comfortable in it, I felt it could be easily styled and needed only minor alterations to the sleeves. Prior to this, I went to one bridal store (mostly for the novelty!) and hated the entire process- millions of questions, overwhelming and way to bridey for me!! So all up, I probably spent 2 days looking for a dress and that’s it!”
- Veil: Tania Maras Bridal
- Suit: MJ Bale
- Event planner / Stylist: No planner- self styled by myself and reception styling by Jude The Obscure
- Florist: Lavande Designs- Rachel is incredible, patient and took her time ensuring she definitely understood what I was after- I had a very specific idea, but was possibly (“definitely”) a bit ‘ecletic’ in my examples!- and that I definitely understood what was achievable. She was understanding of our budget and was very generous. When I saw my flowers for the first time, I was blown away- I couldn’t believe how perfect they were! I got so many compliments on the day and still do! She hand delivered the flowers to each of our get ready addresses and created the most amazing arrangements for the church and reception. I only wish we could have had them forever!
- Stationery (invites, place cards, favour tags etc): Fine Invitations
- Ceremony venue: Campbell Street Presbyterian Church, Balmain
- Reception venue: One Ford Street, Balmain
- Catering: One Ford Street, Balmain
- Cake (and what kind): Croquembouche from Adriano Zumbo, Balmain